Because of the nature of aviation related events and for your protection, it is important to include all the information in full and as accurately as possible and please fill out the waiver form box before the end of the registration.
Simon Fraser University Aviation Club
Club Waiver Form
Amendment – March 2012
This is for your safety as well as an indication that the Simon Fraser University Aviation Club has warned you ahead of time that it may partake in some activities.
To apply for membership for the Simon Fraser University Aviation Club,
– Complete this form; ALL fields are REQUIRED unless marked optional.
– Read the “Simon Fraser University Aviation Club Constituency General Membership Waiver Form” on the next page.
– Know that if there are any concerns or areas of confusion, there are resources available to help interpret the documentation in a clearer format.
– Submission of this waiver form only needs to be completed once for the duration of your stay at the SFU Aviation Club.
We will contact you via e-mail when we receive your “club waiver form.” If you choose to submit it physically, we cannot guarantee nor be responsible for any loss or theft of forms. Neither are we responsible for the unintended disclosure of personal information to the university community. We will not take responsibility for any sort of the occurrences mentioned above or any other circumstances deemed appropriate and relevant to the situation.
For further enquiries, please email us at email@example.com
Simon Fraser University Aviation Club
Club/Constituency General Membership Waiver Form
Simon Fraser University Student Society
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
To: Simon Fraser University Aviation Club and the Student Society of Simon Fraser University,
Assumption of Risks
I am aware that taking part in the “Simon Fraser University Aviation Club” (hereinafter collectively referred as “SFU Aviation Club”) activities may involve various risks, dangers and hazards including the risk of personal injury, death or property loss from various causes including but not limited to: overexertion or lack of physical fitness or conditioning, defective equipment, dangers or unsafe environmental conditions, consumption of alcohol in a social setting, negligence on the part of other members or persons participating in the “SFU Aviation Club” activities, or negligence on the part of the “SFU Aviation Club” and its executives, officers, agents and/or other representatives. I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers, and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage and loss resulting there form.
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims
In consideration of the “SFU Aviation Club” permitting me to participate in its activities, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against “SFU Aviation Club,” the Student Society of SFU, Simon Fraser University, their board of governors, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as “the Releasees”) and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my use of or my participation in the “SFU Aviation Club” activities, due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE.
2. This Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
3. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia; and
4. Any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought with the province of British Columbia.
In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees other than what is set forth in this Agreement.